Sunday, April 20, 2008

Brave New World Revisited

Today I finally leave the SFU Towers Residence to a place of my own…well not quite...I am sharing with 5 other people but anything’s better than the Towers. No more having to spend 1350 dollars within 3 months, no more having to tolerate idiots who just have to sing in the hallways and in their room knowing that some people can hear them through the paper-thin walls and are annoyed by them, no more having to tolerate other idiots who bounce their basketballs on their doors as if they own the whole floor, no more drunkards who pull the fire alarm at midnight forcing everyone to stand in the freezing cold for 20 minutes waiting for the fire brigade to turn it off, no more irritating neighbors who can’t stop giggling, and no mo reliance on cafeteria food with rip-off prices. I actually spent the remaining amount of my 1350 dollar meal plan on chocolate milk and instant noodles because that was all that remained in the cafeteria. Oh well, at least now I have 2 weeks supply of chocolate milk.

As for the new place, the room is slightly larger but less practical. Less shelves, no heater and a desk like a monk’s cell. Still, it’s only temporary until I can find a better place. The bed is soft, like the cheap mattresses from my grandmother’s house. The only good thing I can say about it is the bathroom which is a major improvement over the previous one. I hope I am able to persuade the landlord to add some improvements to my room, like a heater and a bigger desk but the current environment should suffice for now. Cheers to the new room...and chocolate milk.

1 comment:

Lim Shenji said...

Glad to hear you got your own crib. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to see your new place. Maybe you can also introduce me to your SFU crew in between the tour of your place.